Skills ConX is an innovative programme to connect service users to learning, mentoring and volunteering. The project is in place to encourage, motivate and guide service users to achieve their goals
The programme of learning takes place in a range of settings and service users will be supported at all skill levels.
- Will be delivered in a way that is responsive to the needs and interests of service users/volunteers.
- Will promote a broad and full education curriculum made up of both informal/formal learning opportunities delivered in-house or with external education partners.
- Is designed to identify the skills of service users who wish to progress and learn more and achieve their goals.
- Is designed to show the service users journey.
- Will develop relationships with businesses and organisations whose work, aims and scope will advance service users in reaching their aspirations.
- Brings together all the opportunities available to service users including mentoring, being involved with the Gingerbreads Social enterprises and the learning programmes we have available.
Peer Mentor Programme
Following our assessment for the Approved Provider Standard, the Gingerbread Centre are pround to announce that our application has been successful.
The APS is a national quality standard mark which is recognised by funders and commissioners as evidence of our safe and competent practice. It will help to raise the profile of our peer mentor project and increases public confidence by assuring our quality service to residents.